Seeing the Sights on Foot from Palmetto Shores
You’re in Myrtle Beach for the beautiful weather, so why not get outside and walk around to see the sights? When you stay at Palmetto Shores, there’s so much you can see without ever getting behind the wheel of a car, you may find yourself going everywhere by foot!
Here are a few ideas:
• Head down to the Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade for the classic oceanfront beach atmosphere. Just about a 10-minute walk south (maybe longer if you’d prefer to walk in the sand along the beach) from Palmetto shores, you’ll find the best strolling venue on the Grand Strand, along with great shopping, dining and entertainment.
• Go for a flight on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. Located on the boardwalk, the SkyWheel is a nearly 200-foot tall gondola-style big wheel with amazing views of the beach. A flight takes about 10 minutes, unless you opt for a VIP flight, which entitles you to skip the line and ride in the VIP gondola, complete with glass floors and leather seats. Plus, the flight’s double-length, and you get a SkyWheel T-shirt and lanyard.
• Get a great budget meal at Olympic Flame Pancake House & Restaurant at 1309 N. Ocean Blvd. If a quick, affordable breakfast or lunch near your favorite attractions is what you’re after, Olympic Flame may be your ticket. Breakfast favorites like French toast and waffles in the morning and a lunch menu that includes some Greek fare, make this a Myrtle Beach staple.
• A little further down the street at 918 N. Ocean Blvd., you’ll find Mad Myrtle’s Ice Creamery. It’s a classic ice cream shop with an old-fashioned atmosphere in the heart of old-school Myrtle Beach.
• Watch the catch of the day getting reeled in at the 14th Avenue Pier. Walk the pier and watch the fishermen – or get a permit to fish yourself or even rent your gear in the gift shop, and enjoy the amazing ocean views. The 14th Avenue Pier also has a restaurant that’s open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner.
So what are you waiting for? Come join us at Palmetto Shores, and enjoy all the sights, sounds, and tastes of Myrtle Beach all within an easy walk from the resort!
Related ArticlesCool Off without the Sand at Myrtle Waves
Ripley’s Aquarium: An Oceanic Adventure Awaiting Atlantica Resort’s Visitors
Take Your Family Out to the Ball Game
Dining at Barefoot Landing